Who doesn’t love WordPress
WordPress is a powerful but user friendly publishing web design platform that includes a fantastic set of scalable and flexible features designed to make your experience as a web site publisher and user on the Internet as easy, flexible and consistent as possible. WordPress is proud to a freely distributed, standards-compliant, fast, light and free personal publishing platform, with sensible default settings and features, and an extremely customizable core.
According to Wikipedia, WordPress is an open source blog tool and publishing platform powered by PHP and MySQL. It’s often customized into aContent Management System (CMS). It has many features including a plug-in architecture and a template system. WordPress is used by over 13% of the 1,000,000 biggest web sites.
WordPress is designed to be installed on a web server, which provides complete control over a WordPress web design. Unlike third-party hosted web sites or code heavy custom solutions, WordPress allows easy access and the unparalleled availability to modify practically everything related to your web site without the need of a developer.
- User Management
- WordPress uses user-levels to control user-access to most design features, so you can restrict the ability of individual users to create or modify content in your web design, by changing their user-level.
- User Profiles
- Each user on your web site can define a profile, with details such as their email address, instant messaging aliases etc, if they want to. Users can also control the way in which their details are displayed on the web site.
- Easy Installation and Upgrade
- WordPress’ famous quick install can’t be beaten for simplicity and ease of use. Upgrading your web design to the latest version of WordPress is easy, too, and it should take less time than the installation!
- Dynamic Page Generation
- No rebuilding of all your pages each time you update your web design, or any aspect of it. All pages are generated using the database and the templates each time a page from your website is requested by a viewer. This means that updating your web design, or its design is as fast as possible, and required server storage space usage is minimal.
- Internationalization and Localization
- You can now create a web design that is localized to your choice, and delivered in a language of your choice. The gettext method is used to translate and localize WordPress to the fullest extent.